Sunday, August 1, 2010

RANDOMS

Just a couple of things going on here at the Skousen household! We went down to the Valley this past Tuesday for Skylers surgery to remove the bubbles. The surgery was actually Thursday but I wanted to go down and have a little fun with the kids before the surgery. We went to the mall, drove around a lot, went to David's cousins house for dinner. It was so fun to be with Brian, Gina and the kids. We had a wonderful dinner with an awesome dessert:) Hunter and Clay went swimming, and we watched Avatar. It was such a nice relaxing evening. Thanks Gina--- LOVE you!
Thursday we went in at 7:30 am, got Sky checked in and they took him into the surgery room. I waited while Dave took the kids to breakfast. While I was waiting Dr. Sipperley came out and told me that he couldn't do the surgery because they couldn't get Sky sedated enough. He had given him 3 huge doses of Morphine and he wouldn't go under. He thinks that since Sky has been taking so many Rx drugs since May 19 that he has become immune to anything. He was afraid that if he put any more drugs in he could stop breathing. So we decided that we will do the surgery next Wednesday here at the  Show Low hospital so that they can put him completely out!!! I will be at girl's camp starting Tuesday, good thing there is phone service. I know Dave can handle everything, but Sky is still my little boy:)
Dave got our hotel rooms for Labor Day!! WOOHOO!!!! I can't wait to meet Shawn and Bill. It will be so awesome to finally meet my birth mom and give her a hug! To finally be able to thank her in person for giving me life and a wonderful family that raised me has been such a dream of mine. Pictures and posts next month on this:)
The Summer has been fun and as usual not long enough for the kids. Hope yours has been fun and has drawn your families closer together.

1 comment:

Grandma Turtle said...

Sorry you had to be disappointed when they postponed the surgery. Heavenly Father is in charge, and He helps things work out the way they are meant to be. Maybe Sky will meet his future wife while in the ShowLow hospital... ya never know. :)