Friday, June 4, 2010

New Adventures!!!

As some of you know, I have been searching for my birth family for quite along time. I have put so many hours on the computer and even enlisted my best friend Sandi. Actually she has been the one to push me!!!
In the past year I have had people come up to me and ask if I was related to the Davis'. (I have always known my birth mothers name, she is a Davis). I think this was my wake up call to really start looking. Sandi has been there to make calls for me (I'm a chicken) and pushes me to get out of my comfort zone!!! After months of brick walls, Sandi found a site called Search Angels. I actually went on there a couple of years ago, but didn't think they could help me. I went on last Tuesday and put my information in thinking that this would be just another road block, and that I wouldn't hear from them.
My family had planned a reunion in Oro Valley a few months ago. So we went there on Thursday. What an amazing time we had! My dad looked so good and we were able to get professional pictures done. On Saturday we were on our way to Kartchner Caverns, I got a call from Sharon, my search angel. She found my birth mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sharon had to e-mail her and confirm everything. On Monday my family was at the studio picking out our pictures, Sharon called and said that she had just spoken to my birth mother! I can't tell you how excited I was. She said that my birthmom was so surprised that I was looking for her! My mom started crying and gave me a huge hug! She has been so supportive in me finding my birth family. I LOVE YOU MOM:)
When I got home on Tuesday, I started talking to her on face book. I have 3 half sister's and 5 nieces and nephews! They have really accepted me. My birth mother told me that she never wanted to give me up, but she was so young and had no family support. She is finally at peace and feels that a heavy burden has been lifted!
I haven't told her I was going to blog this, so I don't want to use her or my sister's names until she is ok with it. I am so blessed, I have been putting her name in the temple prayer rolls. I have two wonderful families now!
The kicker to all of this is that she and my sisters are only 5'2! I have no idea where the height comes in. I can see some resemblances every time I look at their pictures. I'm not sure when we will get to meet in person, I hope soon:)
This probably sounds all jumbled but it has truly been a whirlwind for all of us. A special thanks goes out to Sandi for always being there for me and making me do things I didn't want to do! Love you girl:)
On another note-- Skyler is doing a little better, still has eye pain, but as always he's a real trooper.

11 comments:

{Bryanna} said...

Wendy, I remember talking to you about this and how you wanted to find them so bad. I am so excited for you! I wanted you to have that happiness I did when I found my brothers and sisters. Im so so happy for you! And that is the same agency that brought my family together!! how cool is that. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I know there will be more to come! ;)
And go Sandi, she is such an amazing friend.
love you bunches!
Bryanna

Fullerton Family said...

How cool is that?! Congrats on finally finding them, and how funny that they are all so short!!

Gayle's Tales said...

That is awesome Wendy!!!! I am so happy for you. You can have all your questions answered now as well as getting to know them. :)

Grandma Turtle said...

How far away from you do they live? That will be SOME reunion when you get together!

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Wendy I am so excited for you. How sweet to have 2 special families. Your an amazing person and how lucky they are to have you.

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

Hugs and kisses from me!! I'm gonna need you when my kids find their birth families!!! Love ya girl and can't wait for you to meet them.

Kristal said...

I'm so glad that this has finally happened for you. You are the greatest big sister and now they get to know the person I love and look up to. Love ya sis!

ltandjbcox said...

I haven't blog surfed for quite a while. . . what a great day to start and be privy to this wonderful new development for YOU. I am happy that you have had success and know that you will have many more wonderful moments to cherish as this story unfolds. . .

imbritney said...

Oh wendy!!! How wonderful for you! I'm so happy to hear this great news! I can't wait to see pics! :)

bdrain said...

It was good to see you yesterday, even if it was under not so good circumstances. I'm so happy for you and hope you will soon be able to meet that unselfish lady who did the very best she could for you.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Never thought it would happen!!I'm glad that you can finally have the answers you were looking for even if the mystery of your height is still unknown:) I can't wait until you guys can meet and start a relationship with them. I'm am extremely glad thought that you have been in our famiy because a lot of my memories growing up would be a lot different:( Love ya!