Sunday, October 10, 2010

NEW CALLING AND GRANDPARENTS??!!!

Well I've known about my new calling for 2 weeks now but since General Conference I couldn't say anything. I have been very humbled, overwhelmed, flabbergasted, shocked, and terrified over these last 2 weeks. What? You want to know what it is?? ( Drum Roll) PRIMARY PRESIDENT!!!! What the heck were they thinking? Actually the week before GC  as I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting and they were releasing the presiding primary president to put her in as Stake YW President, the thought came to me--This is why.
I knew immediately that I was going to be the next president. I was put in as the Sunbeam teacher to get used to primary again. What a rotten trick!! Seriously though, I am very excited for this extreme challenge:) I have the most awesome councilors and secretary that I will depend on immensely, so I hope they are also up to the challenge. My first councilor is Sandi Brimhall, second is Amber Novak and my secretary is Stephanie Platt. I was truly inspired to have these amazing women. Sandi was actually the one I really tried to replace, she had just gotten released as primary president not more that a year ago!! I am so glad that she did accept the call though:)   I have never had such spiritual experiences in my life as I have had these last 2 weeks. I do love the children that will be in trusted in my care, and will miss teaching the Sunbeams, but I still get to see them every Sunday:) However, I am being put in 3 weeks before the primary program. UGH!!! At least the last president wrote and distributed all the parts to the program. All I have to do is direct it, which by the way, I have no idea how to. So we will be winging it big time!
As some of you know, our daughter Summer has been living in Las Vegas with her boyfriend now for about 20 months. Well she just informed us that we will be grandparents around the month of May! We have very mixed emotions right now, but our number one priority is the health  of the baby and Summer. We are excited to have this special miracle come into our lives, but also know that it will be a struggle for Summer and Tarik. We love our daughter and will be there to support her every step of the way:) She is feeling pretty good so far, so hopefully she got my genes for not getting sick till the last month! It is pretty weird thinking of ourselves as grandparents but what a neat new chapter we are beginning:)

10 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

Oh, Wendy! That is alot of stuff to be put onto your plate all at once! Good thing you are strong and will pray yourself through. Love You.

Gayle's Tales said...

Wow, that is great. You will be a wonderful primary president. I know you are up for the challenge and will be very successful. As for Summer.... just love her with all your heart and you will LOVE being a grandma. Things will fall into place as they should. Sometimes we want things to be different, but we have to take the challenges and trials that are put before us. Heavenly Father is there to love us and strengthen us through it all. You are in my prayers.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your new calling and the soon to be addition to your family! So many exciting things happening!

Shawn said...

Oh my Gosh! Wonderful news I am so proud of you and know that you will do a great job in your new calling!
As for Summer, I love Grandma Turtle's advice! Love and support Summer and everything will fall into place.

Oh my Goodness..would that make all the grandmas...GREAT GRANDMAS????? I will call you later!!

Living Lavallee said...

Wow - I love when things fit together and make sense. You'll do great. Definitely mixed emotions about Miss Summer. Hope all goes well!

Jensen Family said...

Wow you busy bee you! You'll will be great at everything! That's cool you and Sandi get to work close together! I am coming down this weekend so I am sure I will see you Sunday!

Shawn said...

I love the new look of your Blog!!!

Love You!

aprilhoyt said...

Primary President!! I wish we still lived there and my kids could enjoy you as pres!!! Good luck, it will be fun!! And congrats on almost being a grandma!

lmerrill said...

You carried on so well at Grandma's 90th Birthday party that it seems this calling is just up your alley. Your music people help a lot with the Primary Program. It'll be fun to be a grandma.

Kristal said...

You will be a great pres. Just step up and learn how to be a leader. Lots of great learning experiences for you ahead!